Summary: I am a cloud services product management leader with experience in product marketing, business development, software development, and systems/network administration. I have launched pioneering cloud services to market, including several of the first commercial CDN services, and have led product management of consumer mobile apps for hundreds of thousands of users. As a team leader and individual contributor, I thrive in roles where I can leverage my skills and experience.
Head of Product Management, Universal Tennis (2019-present)
- Lead a team of product managers developing consumer and business services for players, coaches, and club owners in the Universal Tennis marketplace.
- Lead product manager for strategic products, including the Universal Tennis iOS app launched in early 2022. Successfully partnered with designers and developers to create MVP and 1.0 releases with over 250K users downloading the mobile app, and it is responsible for over 60% of new paid subscribers. Consistently ranked in the top 45-50 of all sports apps in the Apple App Store, with a rating of 4.7+.
- Lead product manager of the new service to enable new types of team leagues.
Head of Product Marketing, DigitalOcean (2017-2018)
- Successfully launched several new developer services, including DigitalOcean Kubernetes, Spaces object storage, CPU-Optimized Droplets, and Cloud Firewalls.
- Worked with product managers and stakeholders to create simple and relevant product messaging and marketing artifacts.
Founder/Developer at Sportler Technologies, LLC (2016-2019)
- Developed a native iOS app and cloud service to make tennis scheduling a three-tap exercise on a mobile device.
- Developed the iOS app in Swift and built the backend using the open source Parse server with various node.js libraries. Data was stored in MongoDB and hosted with mLab. Used Docker to make development and deployment easier, and deployed on Google Cloud and Amazon EC2.
- Used Mixpanel and Google Analytics to understand user behavior.
VP Product Management at NeuStar, Inc. (2014-2015)
- Accountable for product management of cloud security and performance services, including DNS, DDoS mitigation, and Web Performance Management.
- Developed product strategy to align and maximize value of Neustar’s information, security, and performance services.
- Managed products that protect availability and performance of many leading online brands.
Principal at Harbin Consulting (2012-2013)
- Provided product strategy, business development, and program management services to technology service companies.
- Worked on strategic program development for Akamai working with Apple and product strategy for startups.
Senior Product Line Director at Akamai (2007-2011)
- Managed multiple Akamai product lines, including media, software, and game delivery, with products such as HTTP Downloads, Download Manager, Open Video Player, and all P2P content delivery initiatives.
- Developed products that improved quality and lowered cost to deliver HD quality video on the internet.
Senior Director Business Development at Akamai (2003-2007)
- Managed partnerships and business development for Akamai.
For more detail on my work experience, see my detailed resume