I am always interested to hear what tools people use to get their work done, so I have listed a few of my own favorites that I am using now:
- Digital Ocean - developer focused cloud computing, currently hosting reynold.harbin.io
- Google GCE - feature rich cloud computing platform, currently hosting the backend for the Sportler app.
- Amazon EC2 - the original cloud computing service, currently used for DNS for sportler.io
Software & Development Tools
- Docker - slim down and isolate your application environment, and make your applications incredibly portable across infrastructures
- Sublime Text 3 - best editor I have found for node.js development
- Parse Server - node.js based open source server to easily create a backend service for mobile apps. Formerly of the parse service that facebook bought, shut down, and open sourced.
- Ghost Blogging Server - this blog uses ghost, which I'm running in a docker container on my laptop and on digital ocean.
- Trello - scrum boards
- Xcode - development environment for all things Apple
- Git - local version control system. Github for collaboration
- Docker Hub - Container registry as a service
- Google Container Registry - alternative to docker hub
- mLab - managed mongoDB database hosting
- MixPanel - using to understand user behavior inside my iOS Sportler App
- Google Analytics - using for web site analytics of harbin.io and sportler.io
- Typeform - easy forms to collect user feedback
- Zapier - connecting various tools together to define and streamline workflow
- Segment - data aggregation and abstraction service to connect everything
- LaCie FUEL Wireless HD - 2TB of battery powered disk with a wifi access point. Great for long car rides
Plan to use
Some of the interesting services and technology I would like to try out:
- DigitalOcean Kubernetes - DigitalOcean's managed K8s service